Tuesday, June 3, 2008

next stop: Kigali!!

We have arrived safely in Nairobi, Kenya. When we got off of the plane, it was about 70 degrees (of course, I could be totally wrong with that, but it felt GREAT!) I hope it is the same in Rwanda.

Internet time is cheaper here, so I will update more: The flights have been good. We have actually gotten to sleep some, which has been a blessing! On our flight to London, we somehow got 1sy row Economy Plus seats (which means bigger seats and endless leg room). It was fabulous! We weren't so lucky with our flight to Nairobi. I have nothing to complain about though- I'm finally in AFRICA!! :)

I have no idea what time it is in TX. It's about 8am here. Our plane for Kigali, Rwanda leaves in about 2 hours.

Ways you can pray:
We will get over jet lag quickly.
Pray for one safe, final flight.
Also, that all our bags make it there!
That God would prepare us and those we will come in contact with for this trip.

Next time I blog, I'll be there.
Love you all dearly!

6 comments:

Carol said...

Good Morning! Katy
I love waking up to news from you.
Yeah! for big seats & leg room!!
I know you guys are really getting excited now that you're so close. We're thinking about you constantly.
Love you, Mom

Mindy Oden said...

Hey Katy!!! This is my first time to 'blog' and it is going to be way cool to keep up with you. I am so glad that things are going well and I will oh so be praying that things continue to go that way. Can't wait for updates!
Love, Mindy

David & Sue said...

Hi Katy, You can believe this or not, but I got this blog account with only 1(one) call to your Mom!! This will be great to keep up with what you two are doing & where you are going. You are in our prayers, as always. Love, Grandmother & Grandad

Natalie said...

Hey Katy! I just found out you had a blog! I knew Melissa did but didn't know you did as well until this morning.

I'm glad we'll be able to keep up with you guys and hear about all of the amazing things God is doing through you during this trip!

Please know I am praying for you daily!

Love and Hugs, Natalie

Kathy said...

Hi, Katy! I'm sure you're excited to be there! We are praying for you all back here in Texas!

Kathy & David

Kathy said...

Hi, Katy!

I'm sure you're excited to be there! David and I are praying for you.

Kathy & David