Thursday, July 24, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME!!

It's 4:15am right now, but my body is telling me that it is 11:15am and refuses to sleep.

I know it will probably be several hours before anyone reads this, but I wanted you all to know that our plane made it to Houston at about 12:45 tonight (or this morning... I'm still not really sure how you say that).

I want you all to know that I did get an aisle seat on the 9 hour flight from London to Chicago. God cares so much for us, even about the smallest things!

Thank you all for praying. I cannot wait to see you all, the ones who have loved me so dearly and prayed for me so faithfully, in person. The last two months have been unforgettable!

Hopefully, in the next few weeks, I will update this again with a 'reflective' post, as the first question I am always asked is "What did you learn?". That is not a question to be answered at 4 in the morning (especially for someone who is as sleep-depraved as I am). I have a feeling that once I let myself stop, here in a few minutes, I will be asleep immediately. (And I am oh-so-excited to be back in my own bed!)

Keep praying for my surgery. :)

Love you all!
-kt

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Welcome Home, Katy!!!!

I'm sure it feels WONDERFUL to be home...Able to take a nice long shower, and sleep in your own bed!

I look forward to hearing what else you have to say about your trip once you've had some time to stop and reflect and digest everything!

I'll continue praying for you and most especially will be praying for your sugery and that God will surround you with a peace and comfort like no other!

Much love and tons of hugs, Natalie

Rebecca said...

Glad to have you home. You'll have to have several Sunday to tell us all about it. Continuing to pray for tomorrow and God really see you through your surgery.

Rebecca